Skip to main content

Your mother is always with you. She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk
down the street; she's the smell of bleach in your freshly laundered socks;
she's the cool hand on your brow when you're not well.
Your mother lives inside your laughter. And she's crystallized in every
teardrop.
She's the place you came from, your first home; and she's the map you follow
with every step you take.
She's your first love and your first heartbreak, and nothing on earth can
separate you. Not time, not space.

I miss you Mom.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello Dear Woman, I truly feel your pain. Will be 5 years in March that my own Dear Mother passed away. It does get easier as time passes, but that hole in my heart, will never be filled again. But we both know, our Mothers are still with us, in our hearts and memories and with every smile. And I know both our Mothers look down from Heaven and see us with pride and joy.
(((((((((((((((PLINK)))))))))))))))
Peace my Friend,
Diane
It's been three years for me since my mother's passing... time is a healing for me as well... but there still is sadness over the loss... there are many times I can feel her presence.. sometimes I truly think she is in pottery with me... the electric power can be turned off and the wheel begins to spin with my pottery on it... it's happened so many times... it's as if she is playing with me...

Plink.... your writing is beautiful....

blessings
gail
It has been 9 months since my mom died, and I truly think about her all the time. She died exactly a week after I had my baby, almost to the hour. Its hard not to think about her when so many memories come back as I learn to take care of my child. What is really weird is she died on the same day as HER mom, April 25. It was not a shock that she died, it was just awfully poor timing. She had a severe stroke 11 years ago when I was 16. She could not walk and barely talk. The only thing she could do was hold a baby and I watched my sister enjoy that with her. Because I had a c-section, there was not enough time to see her before she went, and no she did not get to meet my daughter. I was SO looking forward to that. She died of pneumonia.

Its hard to lose a mom.
They say that time eases pain, but it hurts so much to see her granddaughter grow up without her, she would have loved to be in her life. All my mom ever wanted to do was hop her grandkids full of sugar and send them home.
Jeld.......all I can tell you is that it does get easier.....not a lot, yet, anyway. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss her or get vey sad when I think of certain things.

When you talk about the baby thing, my youngest daughter had been married for 2 years and shortly before my Mom died (she and my daughter were very close) my Mom kept telling her that she did not look good and that something was wrong with her. My Mom kept saying to me that she better get herself to the doctor.
Needless to say a week after Mom passed away
dear daughter found out she was pregnant.

My oldest daughter was pregnant with her second baby and her due date was the day of my Mom's funeral. She had the baby exactly 2 weeks to the day that Mom passed away.

Sometimes I think God works his miracles in ways that we do not understand.

Maybe your Mom was up there helping when it was time for your little one to make their grand entrance.

My Mom died exactly 1 year from the day my sister in law passed away from a brain tumor.. It was almost to the same hour.

You will get through this. Now you have a little one to love and tell them all about their grandma.
Yes... the pain is universal... in speaking with hundreds of caregivers over and over, I am repeatedly told that their mothers were verbally difficult, etc but they still miss them as all is forgiven... this is another gifted blessings... the immediate forgiveness that can show up after the loss...

be gentle and nurturing to yourselves...

gail

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.